USA: PepsiCo makes significant progress on Quaker deal
PepsiCo and Quaker Oats have told their respective employees that the deal between the two companies is expected to close in the second quarter. The Wall Street Journal reported that in a memo to staff both companies claim to "have made significant progress" towards getting Federal Trade Commission approval for the $13.54 billion buyout of Quaker Oats. The companies also said that the FTA has "agreed to some limitations on the scope of its inquiry".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director