US: PepsiCo launches 'skinny' Diet Pepsi can
PepsiCo launches Diet Pepsi 'skinny'
PepsiCo is preparing to launch Diet Pepsi in new 'skinny' cans in the US in order to connect better with the cola's core female market.
PepsiCo said today (8 February) that the 8oz, slimline Diet Pepsi can will be available across the US from March. The skinny can will officially launch at the New York Fall 2011 Mercedes Benz Fashion Week, which starts on 10 February.
The soft drinks giant said it is also collaborating with the ten fashion boutiques in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Miami, providing them with a custom "skinny can fridge." Thirsty shoppers will get a complimentary Diet Pepsi skinny can while they shop.
A spokesperson for PepsiCo told just-drinks that the skinny can will not replace existing packaging formats for Diet Pepsi.
[Updated 09/02/2011 with details of can size]
Our latest management briefing, a combined effort with our sister site, just-food, is an extended, three-part preview of 'Social Media in the Food and Drinks Industry', a report now available on just-...
US drinks manufacturers have launched uniformed, voluntary guidelines for food and drink products marketed to children in a response to mooted government voluntary standards. Ben Cooper examines wheth...
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends