US: PepsiCo launches Pepsi One in ad blitz
Pepsi-Cola North America today announced that it will add Splenda Brand Sweetener to a newly reformulated Pepsi One, creating a cola with only one calorie.
"Consumers today are performing a balancing act," said Katie Lacey, vice president of carbonated beverages for Pepsi- Cola North America. "They're looking for great-tasting foods and beverages while also trying to limit their calorie intake. That's why we're increasing our focus on diet soft drinks this year, with the reformulation of Pepsi One as a major part of our efforts."
Pepsi is planning a summer-long push behind its entire diet soft drink portfolio that includes new product news, promotional activity, specialised in-store merchandising and increased advertising support.
Beginning this month, reformulated Pepsi One will be available in single-serve 20-oz bottles, 2-litre bottles, and 12-packs and 24-packs of 12-ounce cans. Full national distribution is expected by the end of next month.
An outdoor, print and radio advertising campaign - one of the largest non-television campaigns in Pepsi's history - will support the re-launch of Pepsi One with the theme "Oneify." The brand has partnered with street artist and designer Geoff McFetridge to create a lineup of fictional characters. Beyond billboards and print ads, the characters also will appear in webisodes - short online clips - on http://www.oneify.com. McFetridge's designs are also featured on Pepsi One marketing materials including t-shirts, posters and urban advertisements.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review