INDIA: PepsiCo launches Pepsi Max
Punita Lal, executive marketing director at PepsiCo India, shows off Pepsi Max
PepsiCo India has launched its sugar-free Pepsi Max into the INR1bn (US$22m) Indian CSD market.
The drink, which is aimed at young, urban males aged between 25 and 35 years, will be available in 250ml cans priced at INR15 (US$0.32), as well as 330ml cans and 500ml PET packs at INR25.
PepsiCo confirmed yesterday (2 August) that it will initially launch Pepsi Max in Delhi but plans to go India-wide in the coming months.
“The introduction of Pepsi Max is a defining moment for the cola industry in India," said Punita Lal, executive marketing director at PepsiCo India.
“Pepsi Max will soon become a ‘cool reference brand’ for young adults while heralding a new segment in the cola category leading to category expansion.”
Since the introduction of Pepsi Max in the UK and Italy in 1993, the drink has entered 40 countries.
The first management briefing of 2011, brought to you by Euromonitor, looks at what this year will bring for the global drinks industry. Ahead of this, just-drinks looks back to look forward: Our brie...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review