UK: PepsiCo launches Naked Coconut Water in UK
PepsiCo is looking to capitalise on the rise of coconut water in the UK
PepsiCo has rolled out the coconut water variant of its Naked brand to the UK.
Naked Coconut Water, which debuted in the US in 2010, was released in the UK off-trade last week in 500ml tetra pack form with a re-sealable screw cap. The RRP is GBP2.39 (US$3.96).
Adrian Baty, Naked's UK marketing director, said the coconut water category has seen “significant growth in the UK over the last few years”. PepsiCo flagged Nielsen figures showing that the coconut water category in the UK is worth around GBP22m.
The launch is being backed by sampling events and “in-store” support, PepsiCo said.
PepsiCo has dropped its “natural” label on its range of Naked juices and smoothies after it settled a lawsuit in the US last year, following consumers' claims that its ingredients were “synthetic”.
Last year, PepsiCo's rival, the Coca-Cola Co acquired US-based coconut water producer Zico Beverages.
PepsiCo has started rolling out its aspartame-free Diet Pepsi in the US after public concerns saw the company replace the artificial sweetener....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends