MID EAST/INDIA: PepsiCo launches football project
PepsiCo runs a football academy in Egypt
A new PepsiCo venture is aiming to boost levels of interest in football in the Middle East and India.
The company has signed a one-year partnership with the Asian Football Development Project (AFDP) to encourage young people and women into the sport, PepsiCo said this week. The initiative will cover about 40 Asian countries, with a focus on the Middle East and India, the company said.
PepsiCo's Asia, Middle East & Africa CEO, Saad Abdul-Latif, said: “This partnership will support youth football programmes in the Middle East and India at a grassroots level. The benefits of organised, competitive sports to young people cannot be overstated.”
The AFDP was set up by Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein of Jordan.
Prince Hussein said: “We at AFDP very much admire PepsiCo’s long-standing commitment to empowering women especially in the Middle East and India where there are many challenges to overcome and stereotypes to break.”
PepsiCo already sponsors a football academy in Egypt in partnership with the education ministry, the company said.
In November, PepsiCo announced a US$72m sponsorship deal with cricket's Indian Premier League (IPL) over five years.
PepsiCo's Gatorade has launched its new tie-up with Liverpool Football Club in the UK with a behind-the-scenes video at a team training session....
The Coca-Cola Co has ramped up its Share a Coke campaign with packaging in Thailand that features compliments such as "handsome one" and "beautiful one"....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research