MID EAST/INDIA: PepsiCo launches football project
PepsiCo runs a football academy in Egypt
A new PepsiCo venture is aiming to boost levels of interest in football in the Middle East and India.
The company has signed a one-year partnership with the Asian Football Development Project (AFDP) to encourage young people and women into the sport, PepsiCo said this week. The initiative will cover about 40 Asian countries, with a focus on the Middle East and India, the company said.
PepsiCo's Asia, Middle East & Africa CEO, Saad Abdul-Latif, said: “This partnership will support youth football programmes in the Middle East and India at a grassroots level. The benefits of organised, competitive sports to young people cannot be overstated.”
The AFDP was set up by Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein of Jordan.
Prince Hussein said: “We at AFDP very much admire PepsiCo’s long-standing commitment to empowering women especially in the Middle East and India where there are many challenges to overcome and stereotypes to break.”
PepsiCo already sponsors a football academy in Egypt in partnership with the education ministry, the company said.
In November, PepsiCo announced a US$72m sponsorship deal with cricket's Indian Premier League (IPL) over five years.
PepsiCo's Gatorade has launched its new tie-up with Liverpool Football Club in the UK with a behind-the-scenes video at a team training session....
The Coca-Cola Co has ramped up its Share a Coke campaign with packaging in Thailand that features compliments such as "handsome one" and "beautiful one"....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends