MID EAST/INDIA: PepsiCo launches football project
PepsiCo runs a football academy in Egypt
A new PepsiCo venture is aiming to boost levels of interest in football in the Middle East and India.
The company has signed a one-year partnership with the Asian Football Development Project (AFDP) to encourage young people and women into the sport, PepsiCo said this week. The initiative will cover about 40 Asian countries, with a focus on the Middle East and India, the company said.
PepsiCo's Asia, Middle East & Africa CEO, Saad Abdul-Latif, said: “This partnership will support youth football programmes in the Middle East and India at a grassroots level. The benefits of organised, competitive sports to young people cannot be overstated.”
The AFDP was set up by Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein of Jordan.
Prince Hussein said: “We at AFDP very much admire PepsiCo’s long-standing commitment to empowering women especially in the Middle East and India where there are many challenges to overcome and stereotypes to break.”
PepsiCo already sponsors a football academy in Egypt in partnership with the education ministry, the company said.
In November, PepsiCo announced a US$72m sponsorship deal with cricket's Indian Premier League (IPL) over five years.
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
PepsiCo's Gatorade has launched its new tie-up with Liverpool Football Club in the UK with a behind-the-scenes video at a team training session....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Analysis - SABMiller's LatAm aim? Drink more beer
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future