MID EAST/INDIA: PepsiCo launches football project
PepsiCo runs a football academy in Egypt
A new PepsiCo venture is aiming to boost levels of interest in football in the Middle East and India.
The company has signed a one-year partnership with the Asian Football Development Project (AFDP) to encourage young people and women into the sport, PepsiCo said this week. The initiative will cover about 40 Asian countries, with a focus on the Middle East and India, the company said.
PepsiCo's Asia, Middle East & Africa CEO, Saad Abdul-Latif, said: “This partnership will support youth football programmes in the Middle East and India at a grassroots level. The benefits of organised, competitive sports to young people cannot be overstated.”
The AFDP was set up by Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein of Jordan.
Prince Hussein said: “We at AFDP very much admire PepsiCo’s long-standing commitment to empowering women especially in the Middle East and India where there are many challenges to overcome and stereotypes to break.”
PepsiCo already sponsors a football academy in Egypt in partnership with the education ministry, the company said.
In November, PepsiCo announced a US$72m sponsorship deal with cricket's Indian Premier League (IPL) over five years.
PepsiCo's Gatorade has launched its new tie-up with Liverpool Football Club in the UK with a behind-the-scenes video at a team training session....
The Coca-Cola Co has ramped up its Share a Coke campaign with packaging in Thailand that features compliments such as "handsome one" and "beautiful one"....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015