GLOBAL: PepsiCo International chief set to retire
The CEO of PepsiCo's International division has announced his intention to retire.
Mike White, who was interviewed exclusively by just-drinks last year, confirmed late last week that he will retire as PepsiCo vice chairman and CEO of PepsiCo International later this year, having served the company at board level since 2006.
PepsiCo will subsequently split White's role in two, with Zein Abdalla becoming CEO of PepsiCo Europe and Saad Abdul-Latif, becoming CEO of PepsiCo Asia, Middle East, Africa. Both will report to PepsiCo's chairman and CEO, Indra Nooyi.
White, who joined PepsiCO in 1990 will continue with the company as it works to integrate PepsiAmericas and Pepsi Bottling Group "over the coming months", the company said. PepsiCo secured the acquisitions of both bottlers last month.
"Among many achievements, he (White) has led a dramatic transformation of our international business, helping to grow total sales outside North America to close to US$20bn, from less than $8bn in 2003," said Nooyi.
"I am very grateful for his contribution, and I wish him the very best in the future."
Jones Soda shares dropped 40% in morning trading today (9 March) on the news that Reed's is to acquire the fellow US-based soft drinks group in a share and cash merger deal....
The challenging economic environment combined with Jones Soda's current capitalisation has made it extremely difficult for the firm to continue to operate on a standalone basis. Michelle Russell looks...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
PepsiCo is looking to reduce the carbon footprint of its Tropicana brand in a pilot programme that will attempt to tackle its use of fertilisers....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts