USA: PepsiCo Inc. Endorses Planned Merger of Whitman and PepsiAmericas
PepsiCo Inc. said it fully endorses the proposed merger of Whitman Corporation and PepsiAmericas, Inc., two major Pepsi-Cola bottlers. The bottlers issued a joint announcement of their merger plans earlier today."We view this merger as great news," said PepsiCo Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Roger Enrico. "Combining Whitman and PepsiAmericas will create a larger, stronger and more effective bottler, and it is consistent with our strategy to encourage consolidation in our bottling network. In general, larger bottlers can operate more efficiently, compete more effectively against other big bottlers and, most important, better serve the needs of our rapidly consolidating retail customers.""Bob Pohlad will be an excellent leader for Whitman," Enrico said. "His family has a long and illustrious history in the Pepsi system, and Bob has proven a gifted operator with a tremendous commitment to the business. I expect he'll do great things for Whitman and continue to be a great asset to the Pepsi system."PepsiCo Inc. is one of the world's leading consumer products companies, with 1999 revenues of $20 billion. Its principal businesses are Frito-Lay snacks, Pepsi-Cola beverages and Tropicana juices.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"