USA: PepsiCo Inc. Endorses Planned Merger of Whitman and PepsiAmericas
PepsiCo Inc. said it fully endorses the proposed merger of Whitman Corporation and PepsiAmericas, Inc., two major Pepsi-Cola bottlers. The bottlers issued a joint announcement of their merger plans earlier today."We view this merger as great news," said PepsiCo Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Roger Enrico. "Combining Whitman and PepsiAmericas will create a larger, stronger and more effective bottler, and it is consistent with our strategy to encourage consolidation in our bottling network. In general, larger bottlers can operate more efficiently, compete more effectively against other big bottlers and, most important, better serve the needs of our rapidly consolidating retail customers.""Bob Pohlad will be an excellent leader for Whitman," Enrico said. "His family has a long and illustrious history in the Pepsi system, and Bob has proven a gifted operator with a tremendous commitment to the business. I expect he'll do great things for Whitman and continue to be a great asset to the Pepsi system."PepsiCo Inc. is one of the world's leading consumer products companies, with 1999 revenues of $20 billion. Its principal businesses are Frito-Lay snacks, Pepsi-Cola beverages and Tropicana juices.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- The global tailwinds behind Heineken - Analysis
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends