US/EUROPE: PepsiCo in acquisitive mood - report
PepsiCo has identified as many as 20 possible targets for acquisition in Europe, with the aim of increasing international sales and margins, according to press reports.
International sales currently account for about a third of group sales, which is significantly less than other comparable international concerns, the Financial Times said today (24 May).
"Europe is still very fragmented, whether you are talking juice and water, or looking at the snacks business," Mike White, chairman and chief executive of PepsiCo's international division, told the FT's German paper, FT Deutschland.
"I think there are lots of opportunities. They come along at their own pace. Our focus is to grow our existing business. And then there are what we call 'tuck under' acquisitions that can strengthen our position in a country. Certainly we will look at those and be active."
Not surprisingly, White would not be drawn on details of the targets. He added that not all of the takeover targets would eventually be pursued and it would not be depending solely on acquisitions in Europe for growth.
The company has already begun the process with two new acquisitions in recent months. It has just acquired Punica, a German juice maker, and also recently agreed to purchase the UK-based smoothie maker Pete & Johnny.
The imported premium vodka, Svedka, is without doubt a brand success story in the dynamic US premium vodka market. But its raunchy advertising has ridden roughshod over industry rules causing concern ...
Cosentino Signature Wines is looking to raise over GBP10m from its impending stock market float....
Napa Valley's Cosentino Signature Wineries plans to raise US$30m by listing on London's AIM market this month....
UK off-licence retail group Unwins is planning to float its Phillips Newman subsidiary on the Aim stock market, and then plans to float itself on the Aim market, according to the Daily Telegraph....
The European Commission has opened a formal investigation into a planned €7.425m-subsidy package planned by the Dutch government into its country's malt sector. ...
The Swedish state-run alcohol retailer Systembolaget is to set up a subsidiary whose aim will be to cut alcohol consumption, the local press reported today (6 May)....
The UK brewer Young & Co.'s has proposed simplify its share structure, in a plan that is expected to provide greater liquidity in its voting shares....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report