US: PepsiCo hits US$1bn mark with three more brands
Diet Mountain Dew, Brisk and Starbucks RTD drinks have each grown to more than $1bn in annual retail sales
PepsiCo's Diet Mountain Dew, Brisk and Starbucks soft drinks brands have broken the US$1bn annual sales barrier.
The US soft drinks and snacks firm said today (26 January) that its Diet Mountain Dew, Brisk and Starbucks RTD drinks have each grown to more than $1bn in annual retail sales. This expands PepsiCo's stable of billion-dollar brands to 22.
PepsiCo, which manufactures and sells Brisk and Starbucks through partnerships with Unilever and Starbucks Corp, respectively, has added five billion-dollar brands to its portfolio in the past five years.
PepsiCo said the latest three additions demonstrates the company's focus on expanding its business.
"Our ability to accelerate the growth of our billion-dollar brand portfolio with Diet Mountain Dew, Brisk and Starbucks reflects the success of our product marketing and innovation initiatives, the strength of our joint-venture partnerships and the power of our distribution systems," said PepsiCo's chairman and CEO, Indra Nooyi.
PepsiCo is expected to report its fourth-quarter and full-year results next month.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo says progress is surprisingly slow in the soft drinks market's flavour mix, as cola and orange continue to dominate ...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends