PepsiCo goes 'Outdoors' for new Mountain Dew campaign
PepsiCo is positioning Mountain Dew as an outdoor brand with the 'Camo Can'
PepsiCo has released its Mountain Dew "Camo Cans" for the fifth year in a row as it launches its latest 'Outdoor' campaign in the US.
The limited-edition cans, launched in partnership with hunting equipment maker Lost Camo, feature for the first time a sweepstake promotion that gives consumers the chance to win prizes including an outdoor holiday in Montana.
Meanwhile, the campaign will host an outdoor marketing tour in regions including West Virginia, Tennessee, Ohio and Colorado that will feature local musicians and "influential outdoorsmen".
In early October, the campaign will end with a one-day backwoods party at a remote cabin complete with a culinary feast and live music.
PepsiCo targets a number of different lifestyle sports through its soft drinks brands. Mountain Dew focuses on outdoor activities such as hunting and extreme sports, whereas its AMP Energy brand recently tied itself to eSports and eGames through a link-up with live streaming platform Twitch.
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Hot Coffee category in Saudi Arabia, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level....
"Natural" continues to prove a challenge in soft drinks generally, especially for major names associated with "unhealthy" products, where the concept seems counterintuitive....
Technavios research analyst predicts the global soft drinks market to grow steadily at a rate of 7% during the forecast period....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global hot drinks market during September....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- CCBA partner "in place by 2018" - Coca-Cola
- Beam Suntory to invest US$1bn in Bourbon
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends