INDIA: PepsiCo goes head-to-head with Coca-Cola
PepsiCo and Coca-Cola have begun a new battle in India's US$125m fruit juice market.
PepsiCo India said today (24 October) that it will launch its 'Twister' brand in India to compete with Coca-Cola's 'Minute Maid' orange drink, and is also considering new milk beverages in the near future.
Sanjeev Chadha, CEO of PepsiCo India, said: "We would soon introduce our product 'Twister' in the fruit drinks category as the Indian market offers an immense opportunity in this segment along with the milk-based drink category."
Coca-Cola is also keen on gaining market share with its all-India launch of 'Minute Maid' in August.
Recently, PepsiCo India announced a restructuring of Asian operation where India would be part of the south Asia, Middle East and Africa region (SAMEA) and China would remain in the Asia-Pacific region.
"China and India are equally big markets and it would be sensible to focus on them separately," said Abhiram Seth, PepsiCo's executive director of exports.
PepsiCo returned to the headlines last month, when it announced its plans to buy a major stake in Russian juice company Lebedyansky. The transaction, for a 75% stake in the company - which accounts fo...
PepsiCo is aiming to become the largest beverage company in Russia and its recent acquisition of a majority stake in the juice company, JSC Lebedyansky, represents an important step towards achieving ...
PepsiCo plans to move its Gatorade and Tropicana accounts from Omnicom Group's Element 79....
Moscow police are looking for the murderers of the Russian Juice Producers Union's president, who was beaten to death by masked attackers last weekend, according to local reports....
Innocent Smoothies' advertising has been defended by The Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) after soft drinks companies claimed its adverts were misleading....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has announced the appointment of John Compton, CEO of PepsiCo Americas Foods, to the its board of directors....
PepsiCo's CEO received more than double the amount that she took home the previous year, according to a recent filing....
Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines (PCPP) has detailed how it will spend the proceeds from its recent IPO....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends