US: PepsiCo gives US$1m to Arab education projects
PepsiCo is celebrating operating in the Middle East for 50 years.
"We employ some 8,000 thousand people in the region, most of whom are Arabs," said PepsiCo's president for Middle East and Africa, Saad Abdul Latif. "In countries such as Jordan, Lebanon or Egypt the majority of our workforce is drawn from the local population and we are among the biggest single employers in these countries.
"We also buy all our commodities, such as sugar, locally; our fleet of distribution vehicles comes from local agents, and we work closely with the local trade providing them with support and assistance on developing sales," said Latif.
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q1
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Cognac FY sales slide as China troubles bite