US: PepsiCo gets Naked in juice deal
The US soft drinks giant said the deal, secured for an undisclosed sum, was another step in its aim to further meet US demand for "health and wellness" products.
Based in California and formed in 1983, Naked Juice has a portfolio of 25 juice and smoothies made without any added sugars or preservatives. The Naked Juice stable is divided into functional families, each providing a different group of benefits. The families include superfoods, antioxidants and proteins.
PepsiCo said it would broaden the distribution of the products, while continuing to use Naked Juice's "successful grassroots marketing and sales efforts". Naked Juice already enjoys annual turnover of around US$150m.
Greg Shearson, president of Tropicana Products North America, a unit of PepsiCo, said: "Naked Juice's consumers and customers are passionate about this brand. We value that level of loyalty and look forward to building on it to help Naked Juice continue to grow."
Naked Juice CEO Monty Sharma said he was excited at the prospect of joining PepsiCo. He added: "Becoming part of PepsiCo will allow us to expand our distribution and continue to demonstrate our commitment to bring the best all-natural juice and juice smoothies to more consumers."
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have been the fiercest of competitors for decades but the fact that their rivalry now extends to 'outgreening' one another could be good news for the environment, writes Annette ...
Britvic has had its coverage raised....
The Coca-Cola Company has settled a legal spat in the US concerning the presence of benzene in some of its drinks....
Mountain Dew has teamed up with Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks in an online promotion with the impending release of the film Transformers in the US....
Britvic has stayed silent on press reports linking private equity firm Permira with a move for the soft drinks company....
Constellation Brands today (10 May) announced it has named Robert P. Ryder executive vice president and chief financial officer, replacing Tom Summer, who has held that position for 10 years....
Castle Brands has closed its private placement and raised US$21m....
PepsiCo is claiming that its Diet Pepsi brand has "more cola taste" than Diet Coke in its latest advertising campaign....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends