US: PepsiCo Gatorade addition "a whole new platform"
PepsiCo has heralded its latest addition to the Gatorade stable as "a whole new platform".
The drinks giant today (7 September) unveiled two new products, G2, a low calorie electrolyte beverage, and a mildly caffeinated vitamin-enhanced water called Propel Invigorating Water, both targeted at "athletes off the field".
Broadening the Gatorade line, with G2 and Propel Invigorating Water, is an effort to better meet the hydration needs of athletes on a 24/7 basis, the company said.
Speaking to just-drinks today, a spokesperson for PepsiCo said: "This is not just a line extension, it's a whole new platform for us. Consumers are focusing more and more on hydration. They want healthy beverages with fewer calories, and this is our move in that direction."
The company is launching the beverages through the Pepsi bottling distribution network in the US, the spokesperson noted, in the hope that they will "fill the white spaces that are out there", including convenience stores, gas stations and independent retail outlets.
At the same time, PepsiCo said it is reformulating its Sobe Life Water brand with sucrose, antioxidants, vitamins and natural herbs. PepsiCo's Aquafina water brand, meanwhile, is being reformulated with a new sweetener blend, additional nutrients and fewer calories.
Growing consumer interest in the health-enhancing properties of exotic fruits has proved a significant boon for the soft drinks industry. Most of these superfruits end up in juice form, writes Shane S...
PepsiAmericas has announced its first quarter dividend....
Pepsico India is building up a strong domestic supply of fruits and vegetables to be self sufficient in producing its own - and competitors' - brands in the Asia region....
PepsiCo is set to focus on slow uptake of the 'five-a-day' recommendations in the UK, by launching a new range of smoothies in the country....
PepsiCo has secured the naming rights for a huge Ferris wheel in the US....
PepsiCo and Britvic have teamed up to introduce the Pepsi Raw brand to the UK on-trade....
PepsiCo has seen its final quarter profits slip thanks to a higher tax rate and fall in CSD sales volumes....
PepsiCo has added five new flavours to its SoBe Life Water enhanced water brand....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- Innis & Gunn looks to build first brewery
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research