US: PepsiCo extends Vail Resorts link-up
PepsiCo has partnered with Vail Resorts for two decades
PepsiCo has renewed its partnership with US ski-slope management company Vail Resorts.
The “multi-year” marketing and distribution deal will see PepsiCo handle outdoor events and digital activations at Vail's seven US ski resorts, PepsiCo said on Tuesday (11 December). PepsiCo will continue as the exclusive soft drinks and bottled water provider at the resorts.
Financial details of the link-up have not been disclosed.
The two-decade partnership with Vail gives PepsiCo's winter-sports-linked brands greater impetus, the company said. “Our Gatorade and Mountain Dew brands have a long heritage of engaging and supporting skiing and snowboarding enthusiasts and professionals,” said Tom Bené, president of PepsiCo Foodservice.
Vail's outdoor events sponsored by PepsiCo include the Vail Snow Daze Wilco Concert on Friday.
Last month, PepsiCo announced it will sponsor cricket's Indian Premier League (IPL) for the next five years.
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo looks at the European soft drinks landscape as the region continues to suffer the aftershock of global recession. ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts