EUROPE: PepsiCo Europe CEO takes UNESDA presidency
Zein Abdalla previously served as vice president of the UNESDA
The CEO of PepsiCo Europe has been appointed president of UNESDA, the Union of European Beverages Associations.
Zein Abdalla, who previously served as vice president of the union, will succeed Luis Bach, president of Orangina Schweppes Europe with immediate effect, UNESDA said on Friday (27 May). Abdalla will serve a two-year tenure as president of the union, until May 2013.
"Our sector led the way in showing that industry can act more quickly than regulation and we must continue to deliver on our commitments and ensure that they remain relevant for the stakeholders that we serve," said Abdalla. "In particular, we must ensure that rigorous science is used to underpin the reputation of our core products."
Bisleri International is to open a chain of retail outlets across India for its bottled water products, in a bid to push back rival brands, according to a report....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages