USA: PepsiCo EPS Surges 24%
Earnings per share for PepsiCo, Inc. surged 24% to $.38 cents in the second quarter ended June 10, from $.31 in the prior year on a pro forma basis. Revenues jumped 9% to $4.9 billion as every operating division posted higher volume.Roger Enrico, chairman and CEO, said: "PepsiCo continues to generate broad-based growth, healthy cash flow and improving returns on capital. Our volume gains in the second quarter reflect the strength of our businesses and our excellent position in the vast convenient food and beverage market. Our second quarter performance also confirms that we can sustain 12-13% EPS growth, with occasional upsides.""Looking ahead, we believe that changing lifestyles will continue to create enormous opportunities for PepsiCo. We believe our commitment to innovation and our unparalleled distribution capability can drive consistent double-digit EPS growth in the second half of 2000, and beyond." Some highlights from the quarter include:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"