US: PepsiCo energy drink hits organic market - quietly
PepsiCo has started testing a protein-based energy drink in the US, which does not carry the company's name on it.
The beverage, called Fuelosophy, is being trialled in the mid-west and north-east of the country through branches of natural and organic food seller Whole Foods Market. The Whole Foods chain is used mainly by early adopters who respond less favourably to mass marketing techniques.
Not only is the packaging of the drink - which is being tested in four flavours - free of any mention of PepsiCo, but the brand's website, www.fuelosophy.com, also does not carry the company's name.
"We just decided to use a different model with this brand, a slower approach to let consumers discover it," a spokesperson for PepsiCo told just-drinks today (16 November). The drink is currently at a very early stage of testing, the spokesperson added, so very little information was available about the company's future plans for the brand.
In the wake of a scandal in Australia and New Zealand where GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) was fined for misrepresenting the Vitamin C level of its Ribena brand, Graham Neale, general manager at Nutritional He...
The expanding functional soft drinks market will continue to offer opportunities for smaller companies but, writes Helen Lewis, the growth potential has attracted major drinks corporations who are exp...
Constellation Brands today (10 May) announced it has named Robert P. Ryder executive vice president and chief financial officer, replacing Tom Summer, who has held that position for 10 years....
Redux Beverages, LLC, the makers of the controversial Cocaine Energy Drink, announced today that they have agreed temporarily to cease distribution of the Cocaine Energy Drink until the legality of us...
PepsiCo is claiming that its Diet Pepsi brand has "more cola taste" than Diet Coke in its latest advertising campaign....
PepsiCo's chairman Steve Reinemund retired today (2 May). The company's CEO Indra K. Nooyi assumes the title of chairman....
PepsiAmericas has issued details of its Q1 dividend payments....
PepsiCo has posted an impressive lift in earnings for the first quarter of this year....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends