INDIA: PepsiCo denies regional chairman pushed out
PepsiCo said Anand is moving to a new company
PepsiCo has denied reports its India head has left the company because of poor performance, saying he has moved on to a new job.
The departure of Manu Anand, who took over as chairman of PepsiCo’s India Region in January 2011, was “a personal decision”, a PepsiCo India spokesperson told just-drinks today (21 June). “It has absolutely nothing to do with performance,” the spokesperson said.
“PepsiCo is one of the largest food and beverage businesses in India and has been consistently witnessing double-digit volume growth,” the spokesperson added.
A report in India's Economic Times claimed today that Anand's departure was “less than amicable”. The paper cited two unnamed sources who suggested that poor market share performance and an overspend on cricket sponsorship had contributed to his leaving.
However, the report also quoted Anand from an internal memo saying he is taking “early retirement from PepsiCo”. “I just want some time out,” he said, adding: “My decision to move out is personal … I am evaluating options.”
Anand was responsible for beverages and food in India for PepsiCo and neighbouring South Asian countries except Pakistan. His successor will be announced “in due course”, a company spokesperson said.
Anand joined the group in 1994 as CFO for Frito-Lay India
The news comes as the Coca-Cola Co this week promoted its India region head to a combined post covering India and Greater China.
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are just-drinks' ten favourite quotes in 2013....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2013....
The G8 Soft Drinks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The guide al...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report