US: PepsiCo creates research and development VP role
PepsiCo has created a new position within its research and development unit.
The company said yesterday (9 July) that Jonathan McIntyre will become senior vice president of R&D Global Beverages.
McIntyre will lead the R&D beverage transformation agenda worldwide, PepsiCo said. "To meet the ever-changing demands of consumers and retail customers, McIntyre will be responsible for developing products with real functional and natural advantages while continuing to apply credible science to enhance the broad portfolio of PepsiCo's powerful beverage brands."
McIntyre, who has a PhD in biochemistry, will report to Mehmood Khan, chief scientific officer, and Massimo d'Amore, chief executive officer at PepsiCo Americas Beverages.
He will be based at the company's headquarters in Purchase, NY and will begin his new role at the end of this month.
While the economy dominated the news agenda in 2009, the coming year will see renewed pressure on soft drinks companies in areas such as sugar content, advertising and functional ingredients. Ben Coop...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read News Stories of 2009....
It would appear that, beyond the shadow of one major transaction, the soft drinks and water categories had a year of innovation and controversy. A colourful 12 months for the sector, then, as Ben Coop...
Orange juice futures spiked this week over fears that a cold snap in the US would hit supplies....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group will advertise its Dr Pepper brand for the first time during live coverage of this year's Super Bowl....
PepsiCo joint venture International Dairy and Juice Limited (IDJ) has acquired Egypt's International Company for Agro-Industrial Projects (Beyti)....
Suntory Holdings is looking to up its presence in China through an extension of its tie-up with PepsiCo, according to reports....
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China