US: PepsiCo confirms X Factor sponsorship
PepsiCo to sponsor the X Factor in the US
The cola wars are set to return to US television after PepsiCo confirmed that it is sponsoring the new series of the X Factor talent contest.
PepsiCo confirmed the deal with the Fox network this week. It has sealed what is understood to be a multi-year sponsorship agreement for the X Factor, which will feature music industry veteran and television celebrity Simon Cowell.
The move puts PepsiCo in competition with The Coca-Cola Co on prime-time US television. It is also something of a coup for PepsiCo, because Coca-Cola has had a placement deal with American Idol, which is also on Fox, for nearly ten years. The two shows will, however, be shown at different times of the year.
PepsiCo has not released financial details of the sponsorship deal.
The Coca-Cola Co has launched it latest promotion that will run as part of its ongoing 'Open Happiness' campaign in the US....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory