US: PepsiCo completes Wimm-Bill-Dann purchase
PepsiCo has completed the acquisition of a 66% stake in Wimm-Bill-Dann
PepsiCo has completed the acquisition of a 66% stake in Wimm-Bill-Dann, it said today (3 February).
The snacks and soft drinks giant announced in December that it had struck a deal to buy a stake in the Russian firm for US$3.8bn. PepsiCo said the deal would make it the "largest food-and-beverage business" in the country.
The acquisition has increased PepsiCo's total ownership of Wimm-Bill-Dann to around 77%. The firm has accumulated the additional 11% share since 2 December.
PepsiCo said it will make an offer on or before 11 March to acquire the remaining Wimm-Bill-Dann shares, at $132 per share, which is the highest price PepsiCo paid to the selling shareholders.
The transfer of all shares to PepsiCo is expected to be completed over the next few days.
The firm expects that it will now generate annual global revenues of $13bn from nutritious and functional foods, from about $10bn currently.
Our latest management briefing, a combined effort with our sister site, just-food, is an extended, three-part preview of 'Social Media in the Food and Drinks Industry', a report now available on just-...
US drinks manufacturers have launched uniformed, voluntary guidelines for food and drink products marketed to children in a response to mooted government voluntary standards. Ben Cooper examines wheth...
The private equity arm of Standard Chartered has acquired a stake in Varun Beverages (International) Ltd in India....
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages