KENYA: PepsiCo commissions Nairobi bottling plant - report
PepsiCo already distributes its brands in Kenya
PepsiCo is to build a KES2.6bn (US$30m) manufacturing plant in Kenya through a local bottler, according to reports.
The Nairobi plant, which will have a capacity of 600 bottles a minute, will be run by Seven-Up Bottling Company, a Nigerian company with operations throughout Africa, the Daily Nation reported yesterday (19 February). It will produce brands already available in Kenya, including Pepsi-Cola, Mirinda, 7-Up, Evervess and Mountain Dew, the paper said.
Reports in 2011 suggested PepsiCo was readying a plant in Kenya.
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd follows up on the reports that PepsiCo is planning to launch a premium brand into the burgeoning US bottled water market next year, in an attempt to accelera...
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
Ranked sixth in hot drinks in 2012, the company has a strong presence in other hot drinks, in particular in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks under the Toddy brand. Competing for the same target...
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch