US: PepsiCo changes Tropicana labels
PepsiCo is to change the labelling on two of its Tropicana drinks lines. The company confirmed today that the claim that the products contained "real fruit juice" might prove misleading.
The two drinks - Tropicana Peach Papaya and Strawberry Melon - will have the labelling changed to "flavoured juice drink/from concentrate with natural flavours." The real fruit juice claim referred to pear juice from concentrate in both drinks, and not to peach and papaya or strawberry and melon juices.
Speaking to just-drinks today, a spokesman for PepsiCo North America explained that, while the original labels met federal Food and Drug Administration guidelines, the company was happy to label its drinks more clearly.
In February, a lawsuit was filed against PepsiCo on behalf of a New Jersey man who had bought the Peach Papaya drink. A settlement was announced yesterday, with PepsiCo agreeing to pay the man US$2,500, donate US$100,000 to the American Heart Association programmes in New Jersey and pay attorney fees.
Dairy, functional and premium juices were the winners, water continued to grow, whilst carbonates and squashes lagged behind in the 2004 UK soft drinks race, according to the recently published Britvi...
Tropicana Products has appointed a new chief marketing officer....
Tropicana is adding a new orange drink with additional fibre to its portfolio....
Tropicana has said that it plans to increase retail prices of its orange juice from January, according to press reports....
PepsiCo-owned Tropicana has launched a range of premium fruit juices called 'Tropicana Sensations' to grow in Spain's booming health-juice market....
PepsiCo has reported a 15% increase in second-quarter earnings per share to US$0.70, as non-carbonate drinks rescued a poorer performance by the CSD brands....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
PepsiCo is planning to start bottling Gatorade in India, according to local reports....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Alcohol and the risk of breast cancer - ISFAR
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends