FRANCE: PepsiCo chairman ups Danone buzz
PepsiCo's chairman and CEO believes "everyone is interested" in merging with Danone, but feels the company is "very expensive." Speaking to Le Figaro Entreprises, Steve Reinemund refused to speculate on whether Coca Cola Co would make an offer for the French group, but said that "everyone is clearly interested in a merger of this type.
"Danone is a very well-managed company which is succeeding admirably," Reinemund said. "But you have to wonder how that could bring value to shareholders. When you see that a company is already perfectly managed and you don't see how you could do better, it would not be any use buying it. Especially if it is very expensive."
Earlier this year, Danone's chairman Franck Riboud denied rumours of an imminent takeover bid. He told The Wall Street Journal: "If you ask me if I want (to be taken over), the answer is no; I'd fight against it. The best protection is to forget these rumours and deliver what our shareholders expect of us."
Unilever, Nestle, Coca-Cola Co. and Kraft Foods Inc. have been linked to the French group.
Nestle Waters has finally reached an agreement with the CGT trade union over restructuring plans for its Perrier bottling plant....
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
Nestle Waters is to launch a range of sugar free water drinks under its Vittel water brand in time for summer....
French food giant Danone is willing to buy the 44% it doesn't already own in its Spanish subsidiary for €1.8bn, Spanish newspaper Cinco Dias has reported....
Groupe Danone is keen to follow other global food and drink companies into Russia's bottled water and beverage market, according to local reports....
A poor start to the year in France is expected to hit Groupe Danone through to the middle of 2005....
UK bottled water sales rose 0.5% to 2.08bn litres in 2004, translating into GBP1.2bn of retail value, according to figures released yesterday (31 March)....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research