US: PepsiCo, CBS unveil video content print promo
PepsiCo had joined forces with media group CBS to release a print advertisement featuring video technology for its Pepsi Max brand in the US.
The 'Monday to the Max' video content can be watched from a printed page via a "paper-thin" interactive video player, the company said yesterday (19 August), and features five channels of CBS and Pepsi Max content.
The content will be inserted into CBS/Pepsi Max ads in select copies of Entertainment Weekly's September TV preview issue.
Following an introduction, readers can choose from five video menu options: How I met your mother, Two and a half men plus The big bang theory, I'm good by Pepsi Max, Accidentally on purpose and a preview of CBS' upcoming dramas.
"This is an extraordinary way to refresh how we interact with consumers," said Frank Cooper, chief marketing officer of portfolio brands for Pepsi-Cola North America Beverages.
"We're constantly seeking new ways to reach and connect with our core audience, and, as part of this groundbreaking alliance, we're utilizing technology that's both surprising and engaging."
In addition, the promotional campaign will include on-air, online and outdoor promotions.
It's been a good week for global beverage and snack maker PepsiCo as it booked a 16% increase in full-year profits on Thursday (11 February)....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has appointed Martin Ellen as executive vice president and chief financial officer....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- just The Preview - Constellation Brands' Q2 & H1
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours