PepsiCo beverage volumes up as YTD profits, sales rise
- Group nine-month net profits up 4% to US$5.2bn
- Net sales climb 1% to $46.7bn
- Operating profits up 3% to $7.5bn
- Q3 net profits up 5% to $2bn
- Net sales increase 2% to $17.2bn
- Operating profits climb 2% to $2.8bn
- Total beverage volumes up 1%
PepsiCo said full-year sales should be up mid-single digits
PepsiCo has posted a year-to-date rise in profits and sales as global beverage volumes edged up by 1%.
Group net profits grew by 4% to US$5.2bn in the 36 weeks to 6 September, the US-based snacks and drinks maker said today. Net sales climbed by 1% to $46.7bn in the same period while operating profits increased by 3% to $7.5bn.
The company said total beverage volumes grew by 1% without giving further details.
PepsiCo's North and South American beverage unit, PepsiCo Americas Beverages (PAB), reported flat net sales with flat organic volumes.
In North America, non-carbonated beverage volumes “grew slightly” and carbonated soft drink volume dropped 1.5%, PepsiCo said. Latin America organic beverage volumes rose by 2.5%.
Looking ahead, PepsiCo said organic sales this year are expected to grow mid-single digits versus 2013.
Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo's CEO, said: “We delivered good third quarter results in the face of an ongoing challenged macroeconomic environment driven by increasing volatility in the emerging markets and continued sluggish consumer demand in developed markets.”
To read the company's full results, click here.
For coverage of PepsiCo's post-results conference call, click here.
An analysis of the firm's YTD performance can be found here.
Global coconut water consumption has leapt in the last ten years, with growth expected to remain in double digits this year, according to new research....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits