US: PepsiCo appoints Gatorade North America exec
PepsiCo has made a new appointment to oversee its Gatorade brand in North America
PepsiCo has appointed a new senior VP & general manager for its Gatorade brand in North America.
Brett O'Brien, currently the group's Mountain Dew, Flavours and AMP Energy marketing VP, is taking the role vacated by Sarah Robb O'Hagan in August. He will relocate from New York to Chicago and report to PepsiCo Americas Beverages president Debra Crew.
"Brett's passion and leadership will continue to strengthen Gatorade's position as one of the world's leading sports nutrition brands," said Crew, in an internal company announcement late last week. "We are delighted to have him move into this critically important position."
A replacement for O'Brien will be announced "shortly", she added.
O'Brien joined PepsiCo in 2000 and has held several marketing roles, including Juice Drink brand marketing and the energy brands portfolio.
Crew was appointed to her role in August.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This case study explores why activist Investor Nelson Peltz is advocating that PepsiCo should separate its drinks and snacks divisions. It assesses the case for and against division, and considers whe...
Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to struggle to maintain its volume sales in the current economic scenario. In 2013 the company focused on two fronts in order to reverse the downwards trend in consump...
PepsiCo Inc continues to look to balance its beverage and snack portfolio. With beverages it seeks to both broaden its range as well as introduce more nutritious products. In terms of marketing, the c...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends