US: PepsiCo appoints Emmy winner to communications team
PepsiCo has appointed Jon Banner to its communications team
PepsiCo has appointed former ABC News manager and multiple Emmy-winner Jon Banner to its global communications team.
Banner will take over the newly created role of senior vice president, global strategy and planning, PepsiCo announced yesterday (21 August). He will coordinate PepsiCo's communications efforts worldwide and work with the company's business units, PepsiCo said.
Banner joins PepsiCo from ABC News, where he led the division's recent rebranding and served as senior executive producer of division-wide initiatives.
"Jon is a seasoned professional and will be an outstanding addition to the PepsiCo communications team," said PepsiCo's executive vice president of communications Jim Wilkinson.
"He has a unique understanding of today's global communications landscape and has a proven track record of developing smart communications strategies across all forms of media to help achieve business objectives."
Banner was the youngest producer appointed to run the evening news in ABC's history, PepsiCo said. He won 15 Emmys in his time at ABC News.
The boss of Dr Pepper Snapple Group has said he will not let "threats" to the industry over obesity concerns affect the group's volumes. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review