US: PepsiCo announces dividend, share buyback
The board of US soft drinks giant PepsiCo has authorised plans to increase cash returns to shareholders, raising the company's annual dividend and giving the green light to a share repurchase.
The US$15bn share buyback of common stock will be made between now and June 2013. The Pepsi producer anticipates repurchasing approximately $4.4bn in 2010.
The company has also raised its annual dividend by 7% from $1.80 to $1.92 per share.
“The board's action reflects continued confidence in the growth of our business and our commitment to providing strong cash returns to our shareholders,” PepsiCo chairman and CEO Indra Nooyi said.
A little healthy competition can drive innovation - and often pays off for those who think outside the box. The beverage industry is no exception, and drinks industry awards continue to recognise some...
The global carbonated soft drinks market is not the most obvious sector to go seeking innovation in. But as a new report published by just-drinks argues, flavour innovation is expected to be a major d...
Drinks companies, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, have targeted their efforts at the developing markets of the world in recent years. Not only has the trend reaped rewards in terms of sales, but mul...
The global market for CSDs is expected to reach US$195bn by 2014, up 11.4% from 2009, according to research published by just-drinks this week....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research