ASIA/AFRICA: PepsiCo AMEA boss dies
PepsiCo announced the death of Saad Abdul-Latif today
The CEO of PepsiCo's Asia, Middle East and Africa (AMEA) unit, Saad Abdul-Latif, has died suddenly, the company announced today (19 August).
In a filing, the group's chairman & CEO, Indra Nooyi, confirmed the “sudden passing”of Abdul-Latif who had been AMEA boss since 2009, having joined the company in 1982. No further details were given of his death.
Abdul-Latif, who was 59, was part of the company's senior leadership team.
"He was a deep personal friend to so many PepsiCo family members in every corner of the globe,” said Nooyi. “The thoughts and prayers of PepsiCo associates are with Saad and his family during this difficult time.”
The company's chief human resources officer for the AMEA region, Umran Beba, will temporarily head up the unit until a permanent replacement is found, the company said.
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
Ranked sixth in hot drinks in 2012, the company has a strong presence in other hot drinks, in particular in chocolate-based flavoured powder drinks under the Toddy brand. Competing for the same target...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014