ASIA/AFRICA: PepsiCo AMEA boss dies
PepsiCo announced the death of Saad Abdul-Latif today
The CEO of PepsiCo's Asia, Middle East and Africa (AMEA) unit, Saad Abdul-Latif, has died suddenly, the company announced today (19 August).
In a filing, the group's chairman & CEO, Indra Nooyi, confirmed the “sudden passing”of Abdul-Latif who had been AMEA boss since 2009, having joined the company in 1982. No further details were given of his death.
Abdul-Latif, who was 59, was part of the company's senior leadership team.
"He was a deep personal friend to so many PepsiCo family members in every corner of the globe,” said Nooyi. “The thoughts and prayers of PepsiCo associates are with Saad and his family during this difficult time.”
The company's chief human resources officer for the AMEA region, Umran Beba, will temporarily head up the unit until a permanent replacement is found, the company said.
In 2012, Cía de Bebidas Pepsico continued to adapt to the gloomy economic climate by holding back prices, offering its core carbonates brands at lower retail prices than its main competitor Cía Servic...
PepsiCo India is one of the largest players in packaged foods and soft drinks in India. The holding became the new title sponsor of the Indian Premier League (IPL) for five seasons starting from 2013....
PepsiCo Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in carbonates in Germany. The company offers a wide product portfolio within carbonates, covering cola and non-cola carbonates through well-known ...
The G8 Soft Drinks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The guide al...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets