JORDAN: PepsiCo-Almarai JV acquires dairy
International Dairy and Juice Limited (IDJ), PepsiCo's venture with Saudi-based dairy company Almarai, has bought a 75% stake in Jordanian dairy producer Teeba.
The Teeba stake had been owned by Almarai, which acquired it in January 2009. It is being transferred it to the joint venture "at cost".
Teeba is a producer and distributor for a wide variety of dairy and juice products and its assets include a dairy farm, PepsiCo said today (5 June).
"This is an important step forward in our ongoing effort to build a diversified global portfolio of foods and beverages, addressing consumers' need for nutrition as well as fun and refreshment," said Michael White, PepsiCo vice chairman and PepsiCo International CEO.
PepsiCo holds 52% of IDJ and Almarai owns the remaining 48%. It was formed earlier this year to focus on opportunities in south-east Asia, Africa and the Middle East, excluding the Gulf Cooperation Council countries, where Almarai already has a very strong presence.
PepsiCo said IDJ will identify and develop growth opportunities for a range of dairy and juice products.
Analyst Richard Corbett takes a look at the strong performance of the carbonates category, which has been suffering in other regions....
Britvic, the UK's largest soft drinks firm, is targeting acquisitions as it looks to build on strong sales and profits momentum in its most recent fiscal year....
Britvic, the UK's biggest soft drinks group, has said it sees "encouraging signs" on the market after reporting a jump in full-year profits and a healthy sales rise driven by core brands....
Britvic, the UK soft drinks group, will report its full-year results on Wednesday 25 November....
PepsiCo has confirmed it plans to invest US$100m in Egypt next year....
PepsiCo's board of directors has declared a quarterly dividend of $0.45 per share on the soft drink giant's common stock....
PepsiCo has temporarily withdrawn documents filed with US the Federal Trade Commission on its acquisition of all outstanding shares in Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas....
Britvic has declined to comment on a report that it is looking to raise US$150m (GBP91.5m) via a private share placement in the US....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World