ASIA-PACIFIC: PepsiCo agrees Manchester United tie-up
Pepsi has signed a deal with MUFC
PepsiCo has signed a “multi-year” deal to be the official soft drinks partner of Manchester United Football Club in seven Asia-Pacific countries.
The agreement, announced today (31 July), means PepsiCo has the exclusive rights to use the English club's branding on its soft drinks products and point-of-sale materials. The markets covered are: Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos and Brunei.
According to Manchester United, the team has a fanbase of around 38m consumers in the seven countries.
Mustafa Moussa, PepsiCo Asia-Pacific's senior marketing director for social beverages, said sport is a “huge global platform” for the company. “Working with the biggest names in sports and entertainment, we look forward to enabling consumers to celebrate their passion for Pepsi and Manchester United,” he added.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Last week, PepsiCo reported a double-digit rise in half-year profits and sales.
As we welcome in the New Year, we invite Euromonitor to cast its eye over what 2014 holds for the drinks industry. In the first part of this month's management briefing, the global market research and...
Ahead of the Oscars, due to be handed out in just over a month's time, Richard Corbett has some gongs of his own to hand out. In recognition of the best new soft drinks products in 2013, who will win ...
PepsiCo has launched a patent claim in Russia over its Russkiy Dar kvass brand....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research