PepsiCo adds NBCUniversal chair to its board
PepsiCo said Conde's appoinment is effective immediately
PepsiCo has appointed the chairman of media company NBCUniversal International Group, Cesar Conde, as an independent board member.
Conde is also chairman of NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises, a Hispanic affliate of NBCUniversal. PepsiCo said late last week that his appoinment was effective immediately.
PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi said Conde would "provide fresh thinking on today's consumer and media landscapes".
"His unique insights will be particularly valuable as we continue to build new digital marketing capabilities and adapt to changing demographics around the world," she added.
Conde also served as the White House Fellow for Secretary of State Colin Powell from 2002-2003.
In September last year, PepsiCo confirmed the appointment of Walmart's former senior VP for mobile & digital as the company looked to raise its digital focus. Gibu Thomas moved across from Walmart to assume the role of general manager, global head of e-commerce. In its annual report for 2014, Nooyi highlighted the group's intention to invest in its digital capabilities. "Social media and mobile technology are disrupting old ways of doing business," Nooyi said.
Juices are consumed due to their health benefits. Juices aid in digestion and provide better immunity. Fruit and vegetable mixed juices have the added advantage of having low sugar content and more nu...
Coconut water has emerged as a popular ready-to-drink healthy beverage. Over the last few years, the demand for coconut water has increased significantly, especially in North America and Europe. Cocon...
Sparkling water has become popular in developed countries such as the US and Canada, especially among health-conscious consumers who prefer it as an alternative to carbonated beverages. A large number...
PepsiCo has lined up two new flavours for its 1893 Cola brand. ...
Coconut water is the clear liquid extracted from unripe (green) coconuts. It is technically a fruit juice and is most popular in tropical countries....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends