US: PepsiCo adds bottle pack to Tropicana stable
Click through to view the new bottle for Tropicana from PepsiCo
The pack is fully recyclable, and offers easier pouring and an “at-a-glance view” of how much is left in the bottle.
The new bottle can be viewed on the right.
Innovative 89-Ounce Container Makes It Easier for Families to Enjoy the Nutritious Power of Tropicana Pure Premium 100% Orange Juice
Tropicana, a division of PepsiCo, introduced an elegantly-designed 89-ounce container for its flagship Tropicana Pure Premium 100% pure Florida orange juice with no added sugar, water or preservatives. This sleek, first-of-its kind package is ideal for any breakfast or brunch occasion because it offers orange juice lovers nutritional power from one of Mother Nature’s original super fruits with more convenience, easier handling and pouring, style and recyclability all in a family-size pitcher.
This is the first clear-handle design in the chilled juice category that is 100% recyclable. Made from lightweight PET plastic, the bottle can be recycled in curbside programmes nation-wide or via PepsiCo Dream Machines that are available in public locations across the country.
“We listened closely to our consumers who said they prefer to see the juice, and worked with our research team to marry the best of form and function,” said Jacqi Coleman, senior marketing manager for Tropicana Pure Premium. “The result is an elegant, ergonomic package design that three out of four people told us they prefer over a screw-top container.”
Its sturdy, easy-to-grip handle and proprietary, easy-to-open flip top are designed to provide consumers a perfect pour every time. Plus, the clear container fits nicely in the refrigerator and offers an at-a-glance view, so it’s easy to see how much juice is left.
“People told us they’d be proud to put this beautiful pitcher on their table and most importantly, it’s still the same great-tasting, nutritious Tropicana Pure Premium 100-percent Florida orange juice with no added water, sugar or preservatives that families nationwide have made number one,” added Coleman.
At about 50 cents per 8-ounce glass, Tropicana Pure Premium orange juice has no added sugar and provides:
- Two fruit servings*
- A day’s supply of vitamin C to help support a healthy immune system
- As much potassium as a medium banana, which plays an important role in heart health
- A natural source of the B-vitamin folate, which helps with cell development (especially important for pregnant women)
- A good source of thiamin, which is essential in energy metabolism, and plays an important role in nerve and muscle function.
The new 89oz bottle is available at grocery stores nationwide, and the suggested retail price is $6.29.
Original source: Company Release
It's 4th and goal for this year's Super Bowl, and beverage companies are continuing their traditionally hefty advertising presence at Sunday's (3 February) showpiece NFL event....
This month, Tom Vierhile at Datamonitor looks at recent developments in the realm of sustainable packaging for drinks products....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends