US: PepsiAmericas to "align" brands behind Crush, after DPSG deal
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has expanded the distribution for its Crush CSD brand yet further in the US.
The soft drinks company confirmed today (18 September) that it has secured an agreement with PepsiAmericas in the country, which will see the Crush brand become available in around 80% of PepsiAmericas' US system.
As part of the deal, PepsiAmericas said it plans to "further align" its fruit-flavoured CSD portfolio behind the Crush brand. No-one was immediately available for clarification or elaboration at PepsiAmericas when contacted by just-drinks today. A spokesperson for DPSG, meanwhile, referred just-drinks to PepsiAmericas for further details.
PepsiAmericas did say, however, that it will transfer distribution rights for certain brands, including Hawaiian Punch, to DPSG as part of the transaction. Other terms of the agreement, which is expected to close in early 2009, were not disclosed.
"Crush is a great brand and it brings more consistency to our flavoured product offerings, while meeting growing consumer demand for flavoured CSDs," said Michael Durkin, executive vice president of US sales and marketing for PepsiAmericas.
Last month, DPSG secured the resources of the Pepsi Bottling Group for Crush in the US. Under the terms of the agreement, PBG will have a perpetual license to manufacture, sell and distribute the brand in its territories across the country.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group and All Sport Inc plan to launch a sports drinks in the US, containing a natural sweetener derived from the stevia plant....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has received US$48m from Hansen Beverage Company for the termination of a distribution agreement....
PepsiAmericas has declared a first quarter 2009 dividend of $0.14 per share on PepsiAmericas common stock, an increase from the fourth quarter 2008 dividend of $0.135 per share....
Skinny Nutritional Corp has brokered a distribution agreement with Dr. Pepper 7Up Bottling of the West, to cover several western US markets....
[UPDATED 25/02/2009] PepsiCo has altered some of its plans to re-invest the US$1.2bn in cost-savings from its restructuring programme in a bid to provide greater value for consumers during the economi...
PepsiCo has signed a multiyear distribution deal with Rockstar Energy Drink....
Dr Pepper Snapple has announced that Mike Weinstein, ex-CEO of the Snapple Beverage Group and current chairman of INOV8 Beverage Company, will join its board of directors....
Price rises helped soft drinks bottler PepsiAmericas to a 10% revenue increase for its full-year, despite a shrinking US market and a slowdown in the fourth quarter....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages