US: PepsiAmericas silent on Agrima purchase in Bulgaria
Reports have suggested that the US-based company is to take a 20% stake in Agrima, with Cyprus' Quadrant holding the remaining 80%. The purchase is thought to be worth in the region of EUR10m (US$13.4m).
When contacted by just-drinks today (16 August), a spokesperson for PepsiAmericas would not be drawn on the reports. "It is not our policy to comment on speculation," the spokesperson said.
Local press has claimed that the transaction will go through before the end of this month.
Quadrant is owned by businessman Eli Davidai. Agrima is Bulgaria's second-largest bottler after Coca-Cola.
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Trading in Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines has begun this week, below the intial price of the recent IPO....
Pepsi Bottling Group (PGB) has declared a quarterly dividend of US$0.14 per share on its common stock....
PepsiAmericas has unveiled a strong set of results for 2007....
Pepsi Bottling Group has posted a lift in full-year profit, despite slowing income in its final quarter....
Pepsi-Cola Products Philippines has seen its IPO come in at the bottom of its revised price scale....
Pepsi Cola Products Philippines (PCPP) has lowered the price range for next month's IPO....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has raised its earnings and cashflow guidance for the current fiscal year....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages