USA: PepsiAmericas Served With Compliant on Whitman Transaction
PepsiAmericas, Inc. (NYSE: PAS) announced that a purported class action lawsuit has been filed in the District Court in Hennepin County Minnesota seeking primarily to enjoin the merger of PepsiAmericas and Whitman Corporation. The complaint, which was filed by Randy Cox, a purported stockholder of PepsiAmericas, names PepsiAmericas, Dakota Holdings, LLC and the directors of PepsiAmericas as defendants.The complaint alleges that the consideration to be paid to the public shareholders of PepsiAmericas in the merger is unfair and inadequate. The plaintiff seeks, among other things, class action certification, a declaration that the merger agreement with Whitman is unenforceable, and preliminary and permanent injunction from proceeding with or closing the proposed merger unless and until PepsiAmericas implements a procedure to obtain the highest price for its shareholders.PepsiAmericas believes that the allegations contained in the complaint are without merit and intends to vigorously defend the action.PepsiAmericas manufactures, distributes and markets PepsiCo soft drinks, Seven-Up and other products in exclusive franchise territories that include Puerto Rico, Jamaica portions of Arkansas, Iowa, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee and Texas. PepsiCo, Inc. (NYSE: PEP) holds a 24 percent equity interest in PepsiAmericas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Sustainability in Wine - Part II
- just the Ten - Top Analyses of 2014
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Coca-Cola Co promotes CEO's assistant to sales job
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018