USA: PepsiAmericas Served With Compliant on Whitman Transaction
PepsiAmericas, Inc. (NYSE: PAS) announced that a purported class action lawsuit has been filed in the District Court in Hennepin County Minnesota seeking primarily to enjoin the merger of PepsiAmericas and Whitman Corporation. The complaint, which was filed by Randy Cox, a purported stockholder of PepsiAmericas, names PepsiAmericas, Dakota Holdings, LLC and the directors of PepsiAmericas as defendants.The complaint alleges that the consideration to be paid to the public shareholders of PepsiAmericas in the merger is unfair and inadequate. The plaintiff seeks, among other things, class action certification, a declaration that the merger agreement with Whitman is unenforceable, and preliminary and permanent injunction from proceeding with or closing the proposed merger unless and until PepsiAmericas implements a procedure to obtain the highest price for its shareholders.PepsiAmericas believes that the allegations contained in the complaint are without merit and intends to vigorously defend the action.PepsiAmericas manufactures, distributes and markets PepsiCo soft drinks, Seven-Up and other products in exclusive franchise territories that include Puerto Rico, Jamaica portions of Arkansas, Iowa, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee and Texas. PepsiCo, Inc. (NYSE: PEP) holds a 24 percent equity interest in PepsiAmericas.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends