US: PepsiAmericas restructures sales force
PepsiAmericas has restructured its sales force in the US as it looks to make drive efficiencies from the business across the country.
The company, the world's number two Pepsi bottler, plans to centralise its sales network, a move that will cut its sales divisions from 14 to seven.
PepsiAmericas said the restructuring would speed up decision making and enable it to react quicker to trends in the market.
"This is to do with changes in the industry we're operating in, in terms of the consolidation of our customers," a spokesperson told just-drinks today (7 December). "There have also been changes in the channels in which we operate; the on-premise, for example, is becoming more important to us."
PepsiAmericas posted a 10% slump in profits during the third quarter of the year in October and the company said the restructuring would cost it US$18m, largely due to severance costs.
The spokesman declined to comment on the number of jobs to be lost. "This isn't a headcount decision but naturally there will be some efficiencies gained. The number of people leaving our system will be very small."
PepsiAmericas has operations in 19 US states, Central Europe and the Caribbean.
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are looking to expand their presence in the European water market, where they both lag some way behind market leaders Danone and Nestlé. Coca-Cola has made a number of important ...
HSBC has raised its price target on four bottling groups....
PepsiAmericas has issued details of its Q1 dividend payments....
PepsiAmericas has posted a set of Q1 results driven by higher volumes in the US and Central Europe....
PepsiAmericas has given details of its latest dividend payment....
PepsiCo bottler PepsiAmericas has warned of "substantially higher" raw material costs this year after seeing such expenses - and falling carbonates volumes - hit earnings in 2006....
PepsiAmericas has added to its board of directors....
PepsiAmericas is delisting its securities from NYSE Arca, the former Pacific Stock Exchange....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China