US: PepsiAmericas' rating affirmed
Standard & Poor's Ratings Services said yesterday that it affirmed its ratings on PepsiAmericas Inc. The ratings outlook is stable.
About US$1.26 billion of total debt was outstanding at the company on 3 April.
The affirmation follows PepsiAmericas' announcement that it repurchased 10m shares of its outstanding common stock on 30 April. The shares were repurchased from JP Morgan under an accelerated program for a total cost of about $200m.
"This sizable up-front expenditure on share repurchases reduces the company's financial flexibility for opportunistic investments and acquisitions should they arise during the course of the year," said Standard & Poor's credit analyst Nicole Delz Lynch.
"However, Standard & Poor's expects that PepsiAmericas' free cash flow will be strong in 2004, and that year-end debt levels will remain relatively unchanged from the previous year. In addition, there is ample financial flexibility within current system credit measures for this transaction."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review