BULGARIA: PepsiAmericas invests in Agrima
PepsiAmericas has set up a joint venture to buy Bulgarian company Agrima in an effort to expand its distribution in the country.
The company said today (4 September) that Agrima, which produces, sells and distributes PepsiCo branded products and other beverages throughout Bulgaria, will help it gain "a foothold in a growing economy with an emerging beverage market". Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
PepsiAmericas, which initially owns 20% of the joint venture, said that the new arrangements with Agrima will result in PepsiAmericas owning 100% of the joint venture as early as 2012.
PepsiAmericas chairman and CEO Robert Pohlad said: "This investment further demonstrates our commitment to expand and grow our international business in a disciplined way."
PepsiAmericas president and CEO Kenneth Keiser added: "We are working with the same business partners we had in Romania to increase scale in this market. Additionally, we intend to increase our investment over time, with the first option in 2010."
Growing consumer interest in the health-enhancing properties of exotic fruits has proved a significant boon for the soft drinks industry. Most of these superfruits end up in juice form, writes Shane S...
PepsiAmericas has announced its first quarter dividend....
Pepsico India is building up a strong domestic supply of fruits and vegetables to be self sufficient in producing its own - and competitors' - brands in the Asia region....
PepsiCo is set to focus on slow uptake of the 'five-a-day' recommendations in the UK, by launching a new range of smoothies in the country....
PepsiCo has secured the naming rights for a huge Ferris wheel in the US....
PepsiCo and Britvic have teamed up to introduce the Pepsi Raw brand to the UK on-trade....
PepsiCo has seen its final quarter profits slip thanks to a higher tax rate and fall in CSD sales volumes....
PepsiCo has added five new flavours to its SoBe Life Water enhanced water brand....
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends