UK: PepsiAmericas growth “forgotten” – analyst
PepsiAmericas has had its coverage raised.
Deutsche Bank said yesterday (5 March) that it was upping its position on the company to 'buy' from 'hold'.
"PepsiAmericas' differentiated growth story has been forgotten amidst ongoing input cost concerns and domestic CSD weakness," the bank said. "We expect another year of 10%+ earnings per share growth will help investors to remember."
Deutsche Bank maintained a price target of US$32, saying that management at PepsiAmericas should put balance sheet flexibility to work through further cash-generative, return-accretive deals in Central and Eastern Europe.
"PepsiAmericas is poised to exceed expectations via international growth, cost management, and tapping the balance sheet for new Europe opportunities, as currency again provides some tailwind," the bank concluded.
In January, PepsiAmericas posted rising net income for 2007, which came in at US$212.1m, up from $158.3m in 2006, with operating income up to $436.1m from $356m. The profit rises were driven by increased sales in the year, up by 13% to $4.48bn.
PepsiAmericas is set to re-confirm its full-year earnings guidance at an analysts' conference in the US....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
PepsiAmericas has approved its dividend for shareholders, despite difficult market conditions....
PepsiAmericas has posted a healthy set of results for its second quarter, despite sliding volumes in the US....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research