US: PepsiAmericas forms review committee for PepsiCo bid
PepsiCo this week launched a US$6bn bid to buy the outstanding shares in The Pepsi Bottling Group (PBG) and PepsiAmericas.
PepsiCo currently owns 33% of shares of PBG and 43% of shares of PepsiAmericas.
The PepsiAmericas transaction committee comprises independent directors and has begun to review the non-binding proposal, the bottler said today (24 April).
Goldman, Sachs & Co., Briggs and Morgan and Sullivan & Cromwell have been retained as advisors.
There's no doubt what's currently exercising the minds of beverage executives in the US - the threat of a Federal CSD tax. Now that President Obama has said the idea is worth investigating the ante ha...
The Coca-Cola Co reported flat earnings on Tuesday (20 October), with lower-than-expected quarterly revenue hurt by the stronger US dollar. Michelle Russell examines the fallout....
Ocean Spray and PepsiCo have expanded their strategic alliance in the US to include more of the cranberry grower cooperative's portfolio....
Following the news this week that The Coca-Cola Co is to open a still beverage production plant in China - the company's largest single investment in still beverage production facilities in the countr...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Pepsi Bottling Ventures (PBV), the third largest PepsiCo bottler in the US, is to purchase Pepsi Cola Bottling Company of Conway-Myrtle Beach....
A joint procurement deal between PepsiCo and Anheuser-Busch this week has seen the two drinks giants form a global alliance to purchase indirect goods and services in the US, from technology hardware ...
PepsiCo has apologised after it was accused of stereotyping women with an iPhone application for its Amp Energy drink in the US, offering advice on how to pick up women....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"