US: PepsiAmericas completes Cabcorp JV deal
PepsiAmericas has completed a joint venture deal with Central America Beverage Corporation (Cabcorp), the soft drinks bottler has said.
Cabcorp will hold 82% of the venture, which will combine the companies' Central American and Caribbean bottling operations, excluding the Bahamas.
"Our Caribbean business combined with Cabcorp is a great fit, providing scale, expertise and a strong platform for growth and geographic expansion," said Kenneth Keiser, president and COO of PepsiAmericas.
Completion of the deal comes as PepsiAmericas continues to hold out against a takeover offer from PepsiCo.
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Today, it's the Top Ten Most Read News Stories of 2009....
It would appear that, beyond the shadow of one major transaction, the soft drinks and water categories had a year of innovation and controversy. A colourful 12 months for the sector, then, as Ben Coop...
As the decade draws to a close and just-drinks reflects on its first ten years of publication, our editorial team picks the ten stories that defined the noughties for the drinks industry and shaped ou...
PepsiCo will acquire rights to certain Dr Pepper Snapple drinks, the soft drinks giant has announced, at the same time as trimming full-year sales and profits guidance....
PepsiCo has temporarily withdrawn documents filed with US the Federal Trade Commission on its acquisition of all outstanding shares in Pepsi Bottling Group and PepsiAmericas....
PepsiAmericas has posted a fall in third-quarter profits, but declared itself "satisfied" with the performance....
The European Commission has approved PepsiCo's proposed purchases of two of its major bottlers, PepsiAmericas and Pepsi Bottling Group....
PepsiAmericas has confirmed details of its latest dividend payout....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018