US: Pepsi trades up with Tropicana range
PepsiCo has launched a range of fruit juices it hopes will tap into the growing demand for premium products in the US.
The US soft drinks giant said yesterday (8 August) that Tropicana Pure - a range of four juices - would attempt to move the Tropicana brand away from its associations with breakfast.
"Tropicana Pure is the first leading brand to enter the super premium juice category, one of the fastest growing categories in the produce section," said Jim McGinnis, vice president of marketing for Tropicana.
"Consumers across many categories are trading up to higher quality and better taste, and Tropicana Pure will provide that enhanced juice experience."
The range, including pomegranate blueberry, mango orange, triple berry and Valencia orange, will sell for around US$3.79.
This week, The Coca-Cola Co. snapped up niche US firm Fuze Beverage. The acquisition signals a realisation from Coca-Cola Co. that it needs to bolster its presence outside the carbonates market in the...
Although iced tea has established a strong presence in Japan and the US, the product has been slower to take off in other markets. Richard Corbett, strategic analyst with research company Canadean, as...
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are looking to expand their presence in the European water market, where they both lag some way behind market leaders Danone and Nestlé. Coca-Cola has made a number of important ...
PepsiCo has been applauded for appointing Indra Nooyi as the successor to CEO Steve Reinemund. But while the appointment has further enhanced the company's reputation for gender equality, Chris Brook-...
PepsiCo bottler PepsiAmericas has warned of "substantially higher" raw material costs this year after seeing such expenses - and falling carbonates volumes - hit earnings in 2006....
PepsiCo has been found guilty of breaking advertising regulations in Russia....
The Pepsi Bottling Group expects operating profit to rise by up to 4% this year on the back of rising sales in the US and overseas. PBG, the world's largest PepsiCo bottler, outlined its forecast for ...
PepsiCo has added a vitamin-enhanced beverage to its line of Aquafina drinks....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits