UK: Pepsi to Jazz up its cola range
Pepsi-Cola North America is launching a line of zero-calorie colas which it hopes will appeal to consumers after a more "indulgent experience" than they currently get from typical zero-calorie sodas.
Called Jazz, the colas include flavours such as Black Cherry French Vanilla and Strawberries & Cream. Jazz is available nationwide this month.
"We believe once people try Jazz they will start seeing diet colas in a new light," said Russell Weiner, vice president of colas, Pepsi-Cola North America. "Jazz is a simple way to satisfy sweet cravings without the guilt. In this case, zero calorie definitely does not mean zero taste."
The company said it was responding to research it conducted in a National Indulgence Survey. Figures from the survey, Pepsi said, showed that adults in the US are watching their waistlines at the expense of their tastebuds. The study's findings revealed that many consumers associate indulgence with sacrifice.
Pepsi-Cola North America is the beverage unit of PepsiCo Inc in the US and Canada.
Coca-Cola and PepsiCo are looking to expand their presence in the European water market, where they both lag some way behind market leaders Danone and Nestlé. Coca-Cola has made a number of important ...
PepsiCo has been applauded for appointing Indra Nooyi as the successor to CEO Steve Reinemund. But while the appointment has further enhanced the company's reputation for gender equality, Chris Brook-...
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to introduce its best-selling fruit juice brand Minute Maid into the Indian market in the coming months....
PepsiCo has lined up a worldwide marketing campaign for its Pepsi-Cola cans, starting next month....
PepsiCo has dismissed a claim from a former employee that it evaded import duties totalling over US$100m....
PepsiCo's acquisition of self-styled super premium juice producer Naked Juice Co. has been completed....
India's soft drinks industry has expressed its "shock" at a decision from the state of Karnataka to re-instate a ban on carbonates in its educational institutions....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has warned that volume growth will be slower in 2007 than this year....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends