US: Pepsi to introduce healthy labelling
PepsiCo is to promote the benefits of its healthier foods and drinks with a new uniform labelling on its brands in the US.
The company will introduce a green dot onto the packaging of healthier brands such as Diet Pepsi and Tropicana juices with the words "Smart Choices Made Easy" on the packaging. The package will also include a line explaining the products' specific benefits.
It is expected that PepsiCo will begin rolling out the new labelling in September. All its healthy products should include the green dot by the end of the year.
PepsiCo chairman and CEO Steve Reinemund said: "We are very serious about this effort. This isn't something we started on yesterday, and this isn't something we are going to walk away from tomorrow."
Pepsi said it has examined levels of fat, sodium and sugar as well as fibre vitamins and nutrients in order to decide which products to label in this way.
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
Tropicana Products Inc. has reached an agreement with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) over its 'Healthy Heart' orange juice claims....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014