USA: Pepsi spends $220m on advertising
A report by the NewsEdge Corporation claims Pepsi, which increased its market share by 0.3% points last year in Mexico, is hoping to at least match that during the current year.
The report claims that Pepsi already has around 18% of the Mexican cola market and 25% of the non-cola market and is aiming to see its Mexico sales increase by 6%, against an expected average of 5% sales growth.
NewsEdge claims PepsiCo-Mexico VP of operations, Juan Carlos Leon Rubio, said that the advertising spend last year paid off for Pepsi. "Due to intense promotional activity by Latino artists and at sporting events, in just 18 months we won 40% of the market among youths, overtaking our main rival."
In the battle of the giants, PepsiCo has stolen a march on Coca-Cola over the last year or so and its performance in the first half of the current fiscal year suggests it is still has the upper hand. ...
A recent report on the UK soft drinks market showed that growth in non-carbonates at the expense of traditional carbonated soft drinks is much less marked in the on-premise sector than in the take-hom...
A departing PepsiCo executive is to be handed a US$4.56m package spread over the next two years for his consultancy services....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has signed a letter of intent to acquire Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Charlotte (Pepsi Charlotte) for an undisclosed sum....
The Pepsi Bottling Group today reported second quarter net income of US$148m, or diluted earnings per share (EPS) of $0.59. The results were up on the same period last year as the company grew volumes...
Pepsi-Co. has been removed from a Syrian blacklist of companies which have dealings with Israel, according to a report in the official Syrian newspaper al-Thawra....
Pepsi has launched a new 50cl silver-coloured bottle for its Pepsi light soft drink as part of a major advertising campaign to roll out this summer in Spain....
PepsiCo's president and CFO, Indra Nooyi, has been forced to apologise for remarks she made whilst speaking to the 2005 graduating class of Columbia University's Business School in New York City last ...
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends