MEXICO: Pepsi snaps up local bottler
The Pepsi Bottling Group has completed the acquisition of Mexican bottler Bebidas Purificadas SA (Bepusa) for an undisclosed sum.
Bepusa, based in the northwestern region of Mexico, operates seven manufacturing plants and 22 warehouses, employing around 2,200 people in the three states of Sonora, Sinaloa and Baja California Sur.
PBG chairman and CEO John Cahill said: "This business is an ideal addition to our business in Mexico. It is contiguous to our existing operations, which will allow us to efficiently leverage our infrastructure across this territory. With this new business, PBG Mexico now will generate approximately 70% of Pepsi's total sales in Mexico."
Earlier this month, PBG announced that COO Pablo Lagos was to take over as president and general manager. In April, the company reported a 5% rise in first-quarter volumes from its operations in Mexico.
India's soft drinks industry has expressed its "shock" at a decision from the state of Karnataka to re-instate a ban on carbonates in its educational institutions....
The Pepsi Bottling Group has warned that volume growth will be slower in 2007 than this year....
India's health minister has reportedly called for a ban on the sale of soft drinks in schools and universities amid a wider ban on junk food in the country's educational institutions....
The Pepsi Bottling group has appointed a new president for its North America unit....
Coca-Cola Co. and PepsiCo received temporary relief today (12 December) in India's pesticides row when the country's Supreme Court delayed the verdict in the controversial contamination case for two m...
Full-sugar carbonated soft drinks will be banned from New Zealand's secondary schools in three years, following an agreement between the country's government, Coca-Cola Amatil and PepsiCo's local dist...
The case of a former Coca-Cola employee accused of trying to sell company secrets to PepsiCo is heating up ahead of the impending trial....
Coca-Cola Co has failed to register its Ipsei brand as a UK registered trademark amid objections that it sounds too similar that of rival brand Pepsi....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World